Generating sales and leads is vital to any online marketing business. However landing pages is an important tool for converting those visitors into business.
Here are some findings from Unbounce Marketing. They also created the infographic below.
- LINKS Pages with one call-to-action (meaning one link) have an average conversion rate of 13.50%. On the other hand, landing pages with 5 or more links have an average conversion rate of 10.50%.
- PAGE SPEED (which is largely associated with slow pages). Landing pages that have no images that require compressing have an average conversion rate of 11.40%. Pages with over 1MB of potential image compression have an average conversion rate of 9.80%.
- SOCIAL PROOF. Pages that have indications of social proof in the form of copy have an average conversion rate of 12.50%, in comparison to pages without social proof that only convert at 11.40% on average.
- TRAFFIC SOURCE. Landing pages that drive traffic from email (solely or in addition to other sources) convert on average at 13%.
- MOBILE-RESPONSIVENESS. Landing pages that have a mobile page are correlated with an average conversion rate of 11.70%, in comparison to landing pages that don’t have a mobile page which convert on average at 10.70%
- WORD COUNT. 29.5% of landing pages have too much copy — and an average conversion rate of 11.10%. Landing pages that are word-count-conscious convert on average at 14.30%